TR6 tidy up

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 tidy up
From: chris@dbserver.miles33.com (Chris Habasinski)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:48:17 -0500
Cc: chris@dbserver.miles33.com
Hi

I'm new to the list and to car restoration.

I have a '76 TR6 which has been standing idle for a few years and I'm in
the process of tidying it up for inspection in the spring.

A couple of questions:

Any good resources out on the Web for technical TR6 related articles so that
I don't bombard this group with too many "newbie" questions?
So far I've checked out "VTR" and "Scions of Lucas".

How big a job is it to remove the 4 fenders? I want to have a better look at
the inner panels and clean up any rust problems.

I'm currently rust-proofing parts of the chassis while doing odd-jobs
underneath.
I'm using Rustoleum rust-converted followed by Rustoleum "Stops-Rust"
black enamel.
Sound OK?

I'd like to clean up the engine compartment, especially the inside of the
bonnet, which has large deposits of "black stuff" on it. I think this was
coming from a valve problem in the engine. I've since had a valve job done.
Any good "cleaner"s recommended that can be used without removing the bonnet
or requiring lots of water to wash off as the car is currently up on stands
in the garage.

I am planning to go through the recommended service procedures also.
Anything else I should particularly check?

Thanks in advance

Chris           '76 TR6 (soon to be road-worthy?)