Re: Spitfire radiator hose again

To: Brian Harper <>
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: Joe Curry <>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:06:59 -0800
Cc: Andrew Mace <>, Zink <>, "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brian Harper wrote:
> Joe,
>         It was your engine swap that led me to believe that the difference
>was in
> the engine or motormounts. You didn't mention you swapped radiators, too!
>         So why the radiator change? The older one was wider, was it not
>bigger, also?

No, maybe I was unclear on that point.  I swapped engines (1500) but use
the original radiator.  My point was that because there must be (and
apparantly is according to Andy's Message) a difference in the
radiators, that must be the reason for the hose problem.  I have not had
the time (or reference car) to do a 1 on 1 comparison of the actual
differences to come to any concrete conclusions.  As of now it's all
speculation.  The only "real" facts I have now is the hose does contact
the mount.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit