Cost of TR6 vs. Corvette [was Re: your mail]

To: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Subject: Cost of TR6 vs. Corvette [was Re: your mail]
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:00:21 -0500
Cc: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>, Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>, James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Rodney Orr wrote:
> A Car & Driver article from Oct. '76 had the TR6 at US$6366,

The last few years of TR6 production saw a very sudden jump in
MSRP for Triumphs in specific, and any convertible in general,
largely due to the strong demand for the convertibles which were
"soon-to-be-extinct!"  (Recall that these were the days when it
seemed that convertibles would be legislated out of existence.)

Here is what my records show as base MSRP for a TR6:
  (If there any owners out there with window stickers
   that can provide more info, let me know, and I'll put
   it on the VTR WWW pages.)

  1969 TR6 - $3275
  1970 TR6 - $3425
  1971 TR6 - $3595
  1972 TR6 - $3795
  1973 TR6 -  ?
  1974 TR6 -  ?
  1975 TR6 - $4711 ?
  1976 TR6 - $6049

> Rodney Orr wrote:
> > A Car & Driver article from Oct. '76 had the TR6 at US$6366,

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com