Restoring Experience Wanted!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Restoring Experience Wanted!
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 21:29:20 -0500
Fellow LBC Owners,

Some of you have been providing me with help as I rebuild my TR6's
engine and thanks to you all.  But as I peered into that empty engine
bay and looked down those bondo repaired wings, shipwright's disease set
in and it set in bad.  I decided that I can't do it!  I just can't put
that clean, newly rebuilt engine back into that body.  The really scarry
part is that my wife agrees!  So ...............

I've been looking into getting the body repaired (rusty sections
replaced/repaired) and new paint.  I'll strip all the parts I can off
and trailer it somewhere and then reassemble after it's done.  I'd love
to tackle the body work but I have neither the room nor the time nor
skills to do it.

I live in the Baltimore, MD area and have been looking around for
someone local or near DC to do it but haven't come across one yet.
Motorhead no longer does restoration work.  LBC restorers don't grow on
trees here I guess.  Anyone know a reputable establishment they can
recommend I investigate?

I have contacted and visited Ragtops and Roadsters north of
Philadelphia.  I was impressed but they are 3 hours away and it would be
tough to just stop in to monitor progress.  Anyone have any experience
with these folks?

I'll summarize everyone's comments.  Thanks in advance to everyone and
thanks to Jack Brooks for pointing out the obvious.  Something about the
forest and the trees I guess Jack.

Gary
'75 TR6 About to Go Undere the Knife (or Welders Torch)