Ramblings...

To: "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ramblings...
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:46:11 -0800
Well I can't believe it...I'm actually got some time to catch up with all
the output from all you guys (would you belive 1498 unread messages...)
BUT, anyone expecting anything meaningful here should hit that ole delete
button now...

What is it with people and horns ? Anybody lookin to make their next
million, here's your idea. Make a realistic sounding car horn for the
INSIDE of people's cars. It will be a hot seller. Little chrome button for
the dash, put it in the center so everyone can enjoy the fun !

I'm goin to San Fransisco the other afternoon and got stuck in the tunnel
on the "Waldo" (for those of you  left coast challanged, that's a grade
between Sausalito and the Golden Gate Bridge that has a tunnel about half
way down). There was wreck on the bridge and traffic stopped.
Unfortunately, I was in the tunnel when it stopped. Now it was obvious that
no body was goin anywhere, I had the car in neutral and the handbrake set,
got the picture, traffic was not goin anywhere. So, this horn thing starts.
One guy blows his horn, just to hear it in the tunnel, next thing you know
there's 40 cars blasting away. Now this is not road rage, these people are
gettin off on hearing "their own little special horn noise". The cacaphony
swells and these people are grinning like the demented. I don't get it . Is
it me ? Am I gettin old, weird, or ? Can anyone explain this to me ? Is
there a thrill here I've never detected ? Is it a game to pick out the
sound of your own horn from all the others the way some migratory nesting
bird in the Galapagos identifies it young ?

Oh hello doctor...time for my medicine...yes of coarse
              Nick in Nor Cal