Well....it runs (sorta) (compressor redux)

To: "'Dan Masters'" <DANMAS@aol.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Well....it runs (sorta) (compressor redux)
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:12:18 -0800
Okay guys and gals...

        I got a new switch, wired it up and.....The damn thing still "cycles".
It seemed as though the more pressure built up in the tank, the faster the
cycling would occur, to the point that  it started slowing down the motor.
I'm starting to think maybe I just got too small a motor.

        The gauge shows just over 1 kg/squared cm and the motor starts dragging.
If I open the valve and the bleed tap, the damn thing runs like a Swiss watch.
I thought that since the original 3 phase motor was a 1 hp, I could go with a 1
hp
single phase.  Maybe a 3.5 or 5 hp would have been better.

        Any other ideas?  Anyone want to swap me a 5 hp for my brand spanking
new
1 hp...hell I'll  even throw in my 1 hp 3 phase

Thnks for all your help, and any  future comments I get about this are also
greatly appreciated.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA