STAINLESS STEEL BUTTON SNAPS

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: STAINLESS STEEL BUTTON SNAPS
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:56:05 -0800
I have found a source for the type of snaps found on our cars in
Stainless Steel.  I have purchased some in quantity.

To make sure we're talking about the same button snaps... these are the
snaps that are 9/16 diameter... found, for example, on the forward
portion of a TR 4/4A tonneau cover.

These are broken down into 4 parts:

The Button:  the round, smooth top portion of the snap.
The Socket:  the female part, attached to the button, trapping the
vinyle.
The Stud:    the male part, attached to the car, usually by rivets
The Eyelet:  the part that holds the male end, in lieu of rivets or
screws.
             On the top of the TR 4/4A dash, there are snaps, these are
the what
             secure the studs to the little metal pieces that are bolted
to your dash.

DETAILS:  These are STAINLESS STEEL.  Out of the package, they are a
nickel color, rather than a shiny chrome.  I believe they can be
polished, if this is something you want to do.  They are rated as "heavy
duty".

They look like standard snaps, except for the stud.  Unfortunately, they
have added some sort of tiny indentations in the surrounding ring... I
assume they help to keep the snap from spinning once installed.  Upon
CLOSE inspection, you can tell they are not "original equipment".  From
a couple feet away... they look stock...  They are the same dimensions
as stock, etc.  Because these are notorius for wearing out (chrome
wearing away, exposing brass) on the car, I will be replacing mine with
these, regardless of the little indentations.

The prices:

Button:  $ .41 each
Eyelet:    .28 each
  Stud:    .25 each
socket:    .13 each

Add $.45 for postage/handling.  (stamp/envelope!)

These prices provide J.M. Wagner Sales a VERY slim margin of profit.
Order exactly the what you need, though I recommend buying a couple
extra for spares.

Those unfamiliar with these snaps:  They are installed through the
vinyle, etc. with a special tool.  These are available at many hardware
stores.  Some are installed on the car using rivets and/or screws.

For mailing address, etc, go to http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner

--Justin