U-joints Ripped My Flesh

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: U-joints Ripped My Flesh
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:37:25 -0800
Well, they didn't exactly rip my flesh (sorry, Frank).

But they are getting me a little peeved.

Have you heard the expression, "replace U-joints in pairs"?  I heard it, but
only
recently, but I still  haven't heard the reasoning behind it.  But a year or so
ago, I
replaced the left half-shaft u-j on my Spit, got distracted by other things,
and didn't
replace the right side until a week ago.  Now ... the LEFT side is making those
clicky-I-want-to-fail noises again, just a year later!

It's a good thing I have the patience of ten men.

I guess I don't really have a question here ... just looking for an explanation
as to
why the fact that I didn't follow the u-joint maxim ... caused the failure of
the first
(!)

--
Martin Secrest