TR3 rolls MINI VAN OVER

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 rolls MINI VAN OVER
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:21:54 -0500 (EST)
Took the truck to the car wash and on the way home i saw emergency vehicles
all over the place at an intersection, got up there and there was a TR3A with
a Chevy MINI Van in front of it on it's side.  The van pulled across in front
of the TR, no chance to even hit the brakes.  The van ran the red light.  I
knew the car and driver well.  The owner and I are hunting partners and had
restored the car in my garage, frame off. two years ago. There was blood, but
thankfully the vintage TR driver withstood the test of time.  The front end
was crushed back to the frame members, and the windshield was cracked where
Joe's head hit it. Other than that he's fine. OH yeah a scrape on his knee.
 The EMT said he should have been thrown out of he car.  No seatbelts !!  He
T boned the van at 35+ MPH. He just called after returning from the hospital
and wanted to talk about the parts list !!!   A real TR guy!!!!  We planned
on Triumphest in 98 so I guess that's a target date to get the accident
damage repaired.  All you early TR guys whose wives worry about saftey can
tell this story.  If he would have had a shoulder harness he would have
walked away.  Needless to say I'm ordering two roll bars, one for old Nigel
and one for Joe's car, so we can get a three point harness in place. I'm
still shaking, but I went throught that intersection in the 59  TR3 about an
hour ago. Just have to keep up the confidence level!!!

Bob Paul
Corrales NM