Re: tools

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: tools
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:41:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@autox.teamnet
On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, fred thomas wrote:

> O-K I thought I had seen it all in the way of tools but here is a new one
> . Picked-up a new magazine for me called "Undercar Digest" and listed
> from "JS Products/Steelman Co." they have a extension that goes on your
> ratchet, then put your socket on and a light shines on the nut you want
> to remove. A light in a socket extension !! no address for this co. just
> the advert. sounds interesting.

I have just got myself used to undoing bolts in the dark.  Most of the
time a bolt or nut is hard to see, it's because it's hiding behind the
dashboard or under a shelf, and you can't get your head in there to look
anyway.

I also refuse to buy any sort of "head light" or glasses with flashlights
on them.

However I do have a collection of small mirrors for when I get really
stumped.

-Malcolm