Re: How many are left? TR 250

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How many are left? TR 250
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 01:54:31 -0500 (EST)
Fellow listers:

A couple of weeks ago Greg Wolf wrote about a company in California who could
produce computer registrations for certain models of cars upon request (and
$16.00).

I contacted Automotive Information Clearinghouse in La Mesa, CA and have now
received the printout. They claim 489 TR 250's or TR5's are registered in the
United States. They further claim that 8 TR 250's are registered in my home
state (Kentucky).

Their method uses a combination of the following methods:

1. United States registrations;
2. United States productions numbers
3. AIC comprehensive computer model of make/model/year extrapolation
4. United States salvage figures by state
5. Their experience

They also have a sales side to their business that markets original paint
chip literature and original owners' manuals.

I am not sure how accurate their numbers are on the TR 250; however, I am
intersted in the opinion of this list. Is 489 too few? That seems low to me.

I know of an enthuasist who registers one car and moves the plate around to
whichever of his cars that starts.  How many cars are not in salvage yards,
roadworthy and unlicensed? How many survive?

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

Triumphs:
1954 TR2