Re: burning question

To: tcarney@concentric.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: burning question
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:26:12 -0800
Ok this may be ignorance here.....but is it possible to
put the fuel injection system of a TR5 on a GT6+ since they
have the same head?
Tom

Tom,

I'm not sure if it will fit.  I would first verify that the port layouts
agree as there is a difference between some carb heads and the PI heads.
Secondly, check that the intakes, fuel lines and air tube will clear the
bonnet and inner fenders.

Do you have a complete PI systems: intakes, linkage, air breathing
assembly, metering unit, pressure relief value, fuel filter, fuel pump and
a PI tank?  I don't know if Leyland offered PI on the GT6+, so you may have
to modify your tank accordingly.

One small question.  With other, more modern options available( Webers),
why are you entertaining installing a Lucas PI system on your GT6+?

If I can be of service, let me know.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca

1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649