Re: TR3: I fix one thing - another breaks

To: KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3: I fix one thing - another breaks
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 16:15:41 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 KMNTR6@aol.com wrote:

> I went home and jacked up the car. Each wheel would spin (but I'm not sure
> they are spinning as freely as they should). The brake petal is still very
> stiff? Anybody have an idea what kind of problem I have or what I can do to
> fix it???

You have a hydraulic problem, I think... the TR3 uses a pressure-operated
switch to run the brake lights.  When the system is pressurized, the
brakes are on.

The drum brakes should spin with no friction.  Disks should drag a little
bit, but no wheel should be hard to turn.

What puzzles me is that the pedal is stiff.  Has it been pushed down to
the floor (ie, bottom of travel?)-- are any flex hoses (2 up front, one in
rear) kinked or collapsed?

You may also want to remove the back drums and see if the springs are
broken.  I doubt it, but it's another thing to check whilst scratching
your head.

good luck,
-Malcolm