Re: kit cars

To: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Subject: Re: kit cars
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 15:16:04 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Bill Kelly wrote:

> Where can I find a picture of this prototype? I'm a big fan of
> Michelotti's work. In fact I'm presently in the middle of buying a
> production version of this masterpiece (a TR250, though as I've said to
> others on this list, I'm sure he gagged when he first saw those goofy
> stripes across the bonnet!)

The prototype was a TR3 chassis with what looks like a cross between the
Herald and the TR4 on it.  The caption was "Michelotti's first TR essay"
(or words to that effect)

The book that I saw it in was published by Autocar, it was a pictorial
history of the Triumph sports cars.  There wasn't much at all on the
Herald, maybe a few pictures.  I will see if I can get the ISBN, etc for
you-- I'll have to borrow it from the library again