TR6 gearbox mount replacement part

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 gearbox mount replacement part
From: Peter J Barrance <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 12:30:42 -0500 (EST)
I received a Taiwanese origin gearbox mount (rear engine mount) to
replace the one in my TR6 while I have it apart. It's the type for the
early cars - same for non-OD and A-type OD. Maybe even for late non-OD
but definitely not for J-type OD which have a different setup. This part
was supplied by TRF.

Whereas the one that I'm taking off has rubber vibration-isolating blocks
for its whole length (between the frame and the engine basically), the
new one is rigid. There's a rubber strip behind the lower mounting studs
but I can't see how that's going to do much good.

Has anyone out there used this part and if so could they give their
impressions? I may end up reusing the old one, perhaps turn it round 180
degrees because one side of the rubber seemed more squashed than the
other. Or does anyone know if there's a better replacement available?

Thanks as always!

Pete