Spitfire egine swap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire egine swap
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 09:54:02 PST
Does anyone know of a kit available to swap the engine from my 79
Spitfire with a reasonable alternative? In the process of resuscitating
my Spitfire from a near-death experience of being rolled unto it's top
by some local infidels, I've begun to consider replacing the current 4
cylinder original with the V-6 2.8 liter Camaro engine/transmission
that's collecting dust in my garage. I know some of you out there have
done similar things and if any conversion kit exists, I'd like to know
about it. If not, did you have motor mounts, etc. machined? Purists
might take offense and I certainly understand their grievances, and have
no excuse save that even with tweaking, it appears that my garden
tractor will always have more power…

Thanks,
J.  Pollmann

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500