RE: Reinstalling water pump and radiator

To: "'J81293@aol.com'" <J81293@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Reinstalling water pump and radiator
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:25:51 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jeff,

You might consider replacing the hoses. I have a 76 as well and although
mine is in relatively good shape, I recently overhauled the cooling
system. I included replacement of all hoses (I used the green hoses -
original on TR6s - from TRF, paid $85US on sale). When you consider a 21
year old car, hoses are likely wear items (from sheer age alone). I
found my hoses were not too bad from the outside but once I removed
them, most were pretty cruddy looking on the inside. I am glad I
replaced mine when I did the rest of the cooling system.

I also replaced the water pump (mine was leaking however). And the
thermostat and related gaskets.

Good luck.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)