tr6 diff mount cracks - followup

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 diff mount cracks - followup
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:10:58 -0700
Thanks to those who provided me with valuable info on having the diff
mount crack repaired on my TR6.

I have finally managed to get this done (the city where I live, Calgary,
is presently in a state of economic "boom" and welders are very hard to
come by - too much money to be made welding oil field stuff). I ended up
having the repair made at a local British car shop where they have done
numerous TR6s before (they claimed).

It cost me $218 Canadian (3 hrs labor @ $55 per hr, $40 for supplies,
plus 7% tax). I removed the diff prior to having the car towed to the
shop.

I have put some images of the diff in place at
http://www.cyberbia.com/peterz/tr6/. These images are each about 250kB
in size. Unfortunately I could not get the digital camera before taking
the car in so I have no "before" shots of the damage. I have tried to
illustrate on one of the images using some crude artwork (apologies in
advance to those who will look).

I have also put a couple of shots of my (finally functioning -
wooooohoooo!!!) overdrive, it was the pump which was not producing
sufficient pressure). The images illustrate the wiring for the
(sometimes maligned) O/D indicator light, as well as the light "in
action".

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)