Re: Have I sinned?

To: "Jeff Arrowsmith" <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Subject: Re: Have I sinned?
From: "Larry Wilcox" <lwilcox@webzone.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 04:30:03 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> >I stopped today to look at a pickup for winter driving in New England.
There
> >in the back of the lot was a 90 Miata. You guessed it ! I drove it.
> >That 16 valve engine hummed! The comfort level was something one could
get
> >used to. I have more tolerance for that other car. Will I be damned from
LBC
> >heaven?

I wouldn't feel bad Hans.  It was test driving one of the Miata's that got
me back into LBC cars.  I owned a Spitfire a long time ago, bought it new
for $2150 and wore it out.  I wanted to return to my youth and thought I
would give the Miata a try.  It has so many rave reviews.  Well, the
salesman really hacked me off.  He wanted to lease it and not sell it.
Treated me like a kid, wouldn't give me the bottom line, etc.  Then I
noticed a '73 Spitfire for sale and ended up buying it and then later got a
'71 Spitfire.  So now I am the owner of two of the darn things.  But, I
love driving them.

So, don't feel bad.  The Miata got me back into LBCs and all their
interesting challenges.

Larry Wilcox
email: lwilcox@webzone.net