Lucus Starter Motor - Pinion attachment nut (drive retaining)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lucus Starter Motor - Pinion attachment nut (drive retaining)
From: "The Browns" <thebrown@scci.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:47:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a problem with the refurbishment of my starter, which can only be
solved with a replacement nut.  The original nut is stripped of it's
threads.  Does anyone out there have a good serviceable pinion attachment
nut (drive retaining) they could sell me.  This starter is the late model
used on the TR3A(TS50001) through TR4A.  Because the nut is a left handed
thread, it is not a common item available in Hardware and auto stores.

D. Brown
TR4
Stag