Top This!

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Top This!
From: "Andrew Lindeman" <Dr_Faustus@cyber-west.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 97 20:11:19 -0500
-- [ From: Dr. Faustus * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I tried to mount the hard top that came with my Spitfire last night.  As
it's now December, and Utah being asnowy state, I decided it was a good idea
.  After setting the hart top on the car for the first time (It had no
weather stripping in the rear when I recieved it, so I'd never seen it on
the car).  I noticed something very odd.  The arch from the windows towards
the rear was too great, the top was long enough to rub on the fuel cap, and
the front was slightly less arched than the windshield.  The front bolts
that drop through aren't long enough, and the rears have no place to bolt. I
"worked out" a place to strap it on tightly in the rear, so the top is going
to stay on for protection over the winter.  I have come to the only
conclusion I can think of, the top was for a MK4-1500, and I have a MK3.  So
, it appears I will have a top for sale as soon as spring breaks in Utah,
for anyone with a >1971 Spitfire.  The top is aftermarket.  It is a "Snug
Top", sold from a dealership in Chicago.  If anybody is interested, just
drop me a line.

Andy L.

1970 Spitfire
1996 VW Jetta (For Sale!)

P.S.  I live in Utah, but delivery could be arranged to surrounding states.