/77 spit 1500

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: /77 spit 1500
From: "Ron Roach " <rroach@sprint.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:22:26 -0800
Hey!  I've got a /77 1500 w/o O/D.  I'd like to take the thing on some road
trips next summer, but I'm not sure what kind of beating the engine will be
subjected to with it revving continuously between 3500-4000 r.p.m.  An
overdrive installed is big bucks, but am I crazy to go without it?  Also,
I've got a set of twin 1 1/4 s.u.'s on it with AN needles.  I'm considering
getting a set of 1 1/2's and manifold from the u.k., but I'm having a hard
enough time getting it to pass our emissions tests as it is.  Will 1 1/2's
make that much difference in emissions at idle or 2,500 r.p.m.(where the
tests are conducted)?  If anyone's done this conversion, I'd sure like to
hear about it.  Thanks in advance!
              Ron Roach
               rroach@sprint.ca
             Old  Spits never die, they just drool more.