Rear suspension questions

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear suspension questions
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 11:48:46 -0500
Upon installing a rear suspension kit, the Haynes manual says, with the
wheels on and vehicle on the ground,  to throw a body into the vehicle
(getting the laden weight correct) and then tighten everything to the
proper torque recommendations.  Not being one of the "wee people" --
dwarf and/or leprechaun and not having a lift in my garage, I would like
to know what others have done.  If I'm to follow the manual literally, I
suspect the answer is to crawl into the trunk with a torch and make an
access way through the inner fender well.  Since this is unacceptable, I
guess everyone else just tightens everything, to specs, while the car is
on jacks??

Ed Hamilton