Re: gasket opinions - what works best ?

To: Richard Bonilla <rbonilla@holly.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: gasket opinions - what works best ?
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:55:37 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Bonilla wrote:

> i am replacing water pump & thermostat gaskets
> utilizing the "k&w - copper coat gasket compound",
> this is  a spray on application. has anyone used this
> product? is it any good? if not, what gasket material
> did you find works best?...thanx...
>
> richard bonilla
> 79' spit / colorado

Richard:

I was tired of having to pay the price and need to replace the
gaskets every time I'd remove a part. Ended
up going to Big "A" AutoParts and after explaining what I was
trying to accomplish, the rep smiled and came back with 3 roles
of the paper used to make these gaskets. The roles were of various
thickness. Was able to find a perfect match and from now on I
cut my own gaskets where this paper material is used (which is
alot).  It does help to make a template of the old gasket
before you discard.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6