Re: Michelin Redlines / Wheel Studs

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: Re: Michelin Redlines / Wheel Studs
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:29:41 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Does anyone know if these tires are available in anything other than the
> standard 185/15 size?  Also, do the currently available tires match those
> originally put on TR6s or would they be easily distinguishable on the same
> car?

Don't know about this... Cooker tire has quite a selection of redlines....
check their
website... look under muscle cars...some Camaro's (yep) used Redlines...

http://www.coker.com/

> How difficult would it be to routinely change between the tire studs needed
> for wire wheels and those used on the standard wheels?  I just learned that
> they are different sizes.

It's much easier to use disc wheel studs (longer) with a spacer to adapt them
to wire
wheels. My Pa carved some up out of billet.--- .250" thick did fine. I gave him
a wire
wheel spline adapter to use as a template.

It took me a while 3-4hrs to change all 16 studs... I had wires originally.

Hope this helps.

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando