Re: Windshield install

To: Thomas J Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Windshield install
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 05:22:27 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas J Howard wrote:

> I've got a '72 GT6 that is going to get a new front glass very soon.
>
> I have the new rubber and glass comming down the road now.
>
> The question:   Do you put the rubber on the glass, then put the rope
> in
> the rubber channel and pull in into position from the inside?
>
> Or
>
> Do you put the rubber on the car, put the rope in the rubber channel
> and
> pull the rubber over the glass from the outside?
>
> Or
>
> What......
>

> Tom Howard
> Lakeside Union School District
> ('72 Triumph GT6, and a good bit of USA iron)

Hi Tom,

You instaall the gasket to the frame, and pull or push really hard to
make sure it seats all the way around the frame. Make sure that when you
cut the ends of the gasket that they form a tight seal and usr a sealant
to bond the ends together.  You then do the rope thing.  or you can do
it the easy way and call a mobile glass company ad see how much they
would charge to do it for you.  Had mine done a few years back for $25,
a lot cheaper than replacing the windsheild I broke trying to reinstall
it my self.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston