TR3A Paint

To: <varnumw@msnotes.wustl.edu>
Subject: TR3A Paint
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:22:59 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>What is the proper color for the wiper motor support on the bulk head
(semi-gloss black)

>boot and bonnet support rods
(body color)

>bonnet lifting spring mech.
(body color)

>cardboard radiator shroud
(body color)

>all the body and fender mounting bolts
(body color)

>and the accelerator pedal mech. on the lower part of the firewall.
(semi-gloss black for the pedal mechanism, housing, connecting rod and
levers; the face of the accelerator pedal should be smooth unpainted)

I used spray engine paint (in different flavors of black) from the auto
parts store.  It holds up well to wide ranges of temperature.  I just went
through all of the research on this while redoing my '60 TR3A (finished in
April).  Bill Piggott's book and the TRA Restoration Guide are both a big
help.  My car is TS 76145 L'O' so it should be very close, but they weren't
completely consistent anyway.  If you have any more questions, send me
email and I'll do my best.  I kept a detailed log of the restoration.

Brent Smith
Atlanta, GA
1960 TR3A
1986 XJ6 SIII