Recently installed TR6 "Magic Clutch?"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Recently installed TR6 "Magic Clutch?"
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 18:09:39 -0800
Pete here...  I recall a few weeks back that someone on the list was
preparing to help a buddy install one of TRF's "Magic Clutch" kits.  Dunno
who it was, but if you're out there we'd (or at least "I") would like to
hear how it went and how the clutch is working now.

If there's anybody else out there who has spent the big bucks on this kit,
well,  I'd like to hear those experiences, too.  My TR6 clutch is on its
way out after only 26000 miles.  So, naturally I'm considering the "Magic
Clutch," I may even purchase the appropriate parts myself using that great
information that Hugh Barber supplied us all a while back.  One thing's for
sure.  I do not want to have to do this every 26000 miles.

The clutch that is failing on my TR6 now is a Laycock, as opposed to Borg &
Beck.  After installing the Laycock clutch, complete with TO bearing and
all, the TO bearing failed after only 8,700 miles. (I don't sit at traffic
lights with the pedal in, either!)  So, out came the 'box and in went a new
TO bearing and collar.  Now, I can feel it all going south again.  So, it
seems that I'm a good candidate for a "Magic Clutch."

Add this all to my historic and folkloric clutch hydraulic troubles, and
you're looking at a guy who is ready to convert to automatics!!  (Whoa...
just a joke, folks!!)  At any rate, I'm fed up with clutch troubles!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732