(no subject) Re: TR3 paint details

To: varnumw@msnotes.wustl.edu
Subject: (no subject) Re: TR3 paint details
From: jim bauder <jimbpps@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:11:18 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,

Best as I could tell on my fairly original (although badly resprayed)
'58 TR3 and also as I can remember from the 5 or 6 other TR3's I've
owned, the following colors are correct. The Triumph Register Judging
Standards and Restoration Guide also agrees. However, it doesn't mention
the wiper motor support, per se.

the wiper motor support:
Black, satin or semi gloss
boot and bonnet support rods, bonnet lifting spring mech. cardboard
radiator shroud, all the body and fender mounting bolts:
Body color
accelerator pedal mech. on the lower part of the firewall:
Black, satin or semi gloss

Good luck with your restoration,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in boxes
Palo Alto, CA

PS: My TR3 body is now on jack stands and I'm cleaning the frame, diff,
etc. I replaced the U-Joints a couple of weeks ago w/Hardy-Spicer parts
from Moss.  No problems, the drive shaft looks great all clean and
repainted!