Re: paint

To: "fred thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: paint
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:52:38 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Fred,
  My car was pretty original when I bought it in Oklahoma 14 years ago.  It
still has under 100k miles.  The pedal box, pedals, cross shaft and
mounting brackets were "black."  Not gloss black or flat black.  Semi-gloss
black to me was the closest match.  The only thing you may find is in the
TRA "Judging Standards and restoration Guidelines," page UH-22 where it
talks about the various finishes used from the bellcrank lever on the
accelerator cross-shaft through the linkages to the carbs.  On my car, all
of that was natural metal, which agrees with the TRA manual.

Brent