[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: "L.D. Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:37:04 PST
whislt looking over the dpo hacks on my spitfire this weekend, i finally
got the courage to cut the bailing wire that was holding the sway bar to
the lower a-arm and see just why it was there, apparantly, the bracket
(??) that the sway arm attaches to on the lower a-arm had broken due to
stress (again??).  now the question is, would it be feasible to
fabricate one and weld it on myself, i can do both, actually have the
steel supply make it and i can weld it on. or do i just swallow my pride
and 130 bucks and order a new lower a-arm and be done with it.  my other
question is what caused it to give in the first place. has anyone seen
this on the spits before? may be a mystery of life don't know.  oh and i
finally got my book from haynes, the first order apparently went all
over the us before it got here.  cheifs was kind enough to re-order it
and they both arrived on the same day. (sent the well traveled one
back).

as an aside and my 2 cents on the unleaded deal, my spit specifically
states on the gas gauge to use unleaded fuel only.  i had a 79 honda
that took reg. leaded,  but ran on unleaded just fine, crazy japanese
cars.  anyway, just so everyone knows the california version was
designed for unleaded (???) i guess.

TIA

larry, 1979 spitfire (currently in permanant convertible
mode)

of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most,
i stopped to think one day and forgot to start again