RE: broken front Spitfire A-Arm

To: JayB@sierravideo.com (Jay Baker)
Subject: RE: broken front Spitfire A-Arm
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 07:29:12 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>The design of the mounting plate [sway bar mounting point on the A-arm (my
comments)] looks very weak, so I think that I will still be adding some
beef to it -
Jay,
I've never seen a mounting bracket failure here, and this is the first I've
here of any problem - I've got the original A-arms on all my cars, except
the project, and that was only replaced on one side because it was bent.  I
drive my cars fairly hard, and the V6 Spit is my daily driver with well
over 250,000 miles on it since 1973 when I bought it with less than 5000
miles on the odometer, and the original 1300 big bearing motor (long since
retired).

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net