Re: Wire Wheels, Electronic Ignition, BPNW, and Homebrews

To: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels, Electronic Ignition, BPNW, and Homebrews
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:10:19 -0500
schuyler grace wrote:
> 2.  Replacing and setting points is growing less and less exciting every
> time, so I'm planning to install an electronic ignition.  I've had very
> good experiences with the Crane systems on BACs in the past, but keep
> hearing about the Petronix (?) setup here.  Any preferences or words of
> wisdom regarding either of these?

  I have a pertronix in my Midget 1500. Same engine family as yours
but different distributor.

  Nothing but praise. Installed in 10 minutes even being super
careful, completely invisible install, and works great. I'll probably
end up point-less in the other cars too eventually.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada