5-speed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5-speed
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:57:11 PST
Hi, all.
The GT6 bellhousing does *not* fit the Rover box--we had a machined
adapter plate welded to the back of a standard GT6 housing for our
prototype.  As for which housing is used for the conversion,  if it is
unmodified, I would guess the Rover 2300/2600.  The engine was designed
as the replacement for the old triumph six, so they probably would have
used the same bolt pattern, to allow them to use existing gearboxes.
They never had the money to do anything from scratch that they didn't
absolutely have to.  Any Rover experts out there?

Cheers

Scott Kohl