RE: TR6 rear shock conversion

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 rear shock conversion
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:22:35 -0500
I installed a rear conversion kit on my 74 TR6, with spax adjustable
shocks, and love it.  If you go with a kit, get the setup that starts
with brackets on the original lever shock mounting points, go up through
the trunk, and out to the wheel well.

I have been told by one "Triumph Pro" that he has seen broken trailing
arm caused by the conversion.  However, I converted mine 4 or 5 years
ago, and have had no problems. (And I don't slow down for bumps.

As a note, I have a spare kit that came off a "rolling chassis" that I
bought last summer.

Chuck Poulin