TR6 Carb Jets - Where do you get them?

Subject: TR6 Carb Jets - Where do you get them?
From: "Terry W. Geiger" <tgeiger@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:28:10 -0800
Hi All,

I've been having some trouble with my Zenith Stromberg 175 CD's on my 1974
TR6.  Symptoms include a slighty rich mixture that you just can't seem to
adjust out.  Car runs fine but the exhaust smells strongly of petrol and
the tailpipes stay quite black.

After researching the problem (ie, talking to a friend who was once a
mechanic at a Triumph dealership) he suggested I check the jets and make
sure they are not worn.

After checking the carbs,  I found the jet in the carb body is elongated
(ie, they are no longer round).  My experience with SU's on the MGB has
been if the jets are worn, the car will never run correctly so I assume the
same is true for the Zenith.

Where can I find the jets?  I've had no luck with the big three (TRF, Moss,
and Vicky Brit) but I've heard they are available in the UK.  Does anyone
know?

Thanks in advance,

Terry Geiger
1974 Mimosa TR6