Re: Hearld vs. Spitfire front springs

To: "Tommy Morris" <morris@tatrc.org>
Subject: Re: Hearld vs. Spitfire front springs
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:45:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>    Have you seen the SPAX spring adjus
>table shocks for the Spitfire they work great. You can actually ajust the
>ride height as well as the reaction of the shocks.
Tommy,
Thanks for the input.
Yes I have thought about using those but haven't for two reasons.  One, I
really can't justify spending that kind of money to replace a perfectly
good pair of Koni's and Two, most importantly, it still doesn't solve the
problem of having a spring that is already too compressed because it was
designed for a slightly lesser weight.  In other words, because of the
spacer, or in this case an adjustable seat and the increased loading of the
spring, there is less travel because the coils are closer together.  In the
case of the Spitfire, there is limited travel to begin with, and I've just
reduced that by about a half an inch.

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net