Re: young, younger, youngest?

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: young, younger, youngest?
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 00:53:40 -0800
Cc: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
How young do you have to be to get excited about LBC's.

In 1963 my dad had a Morris Minor that I got to take into Odessa Texas to do
tune-ups because there was nobody in Lamesa Texas that even knew what the car
was, let alone work on it.  I was 16 and the shop I took the car to was a
Triumph dealer.

I saw my first Spitfires there and did several back flips before I regained my
composure.  One was Black and the other was white.  Needless to say I was
hooked.

I have had two MG's in the proceeding years, but never got a chance to do a
restoration until recently.  I decided that the car I wanted to restore was a
Mk1 Spitfire.  I searched high and low and Finally found the car.  It was not
much to look at, but there it was, my childhood dream.  The rest so they say is
history.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit