The LOS Award (was Re: young, younger, youngest?)

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: The LOS Award (was Re: young, younger, youngest?)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:47:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Andrew:

Did you ever think that you may have created a whole new category - LOS,
Length of Suffering.  What's even more significant is that this is SOL
backwards.  Does that sum us up?

I think that the LOS annual award should be instituted for the SOLer who
has shown the greatest LOS based on the difference between his/her age at
purchase and the age of the LBC, plus the length of time he has owned the
vehicle. An appropriate formula might be:

Chronological Age (CA) minus Vehicle Age (VA) plus Years Owned (YO) = LOS

Therefore:   CA - VA + YO = LOS

I am quite sure that this will generate a completely meaningless number but
whoever gets the biggest one will win the "Smokefree Lucas Component
Award".

John McEwen