Re: Spit rear road spring

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Spit rear road spring
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:55:34 -0800
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Edward Hamilton wrote:

>   Joe,
> I agree completely with your comments.  None of the four leaf clamps have
> anything stamped on them.  Albeit the nut/bolt in the leaf clamp assembly
>could
> have been changed at any time, all of the nuts (in my case) were facing the
>rear
> of the vehicle.  Additionally, at the risk of being redundant, the machined
>edge
> of the main spring was facing forward.  This may very well be what you suggest
> -- the spring was reversed, at some point in time, to compensate for a driver
> side sag.  So.....replace as it was (backwards), or neigh.
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Ed,
What a conundrum!  I think the wise thing to do is wait a little while and see
if
any more "sage advice" comes to light.

Surely in the combined wisdom of our extinguished (oops, distinguished) group,
somebody knows the real reason why it should go one way or the other.  If not,
it's
coin-flip time.

I'm glad you brought this up before I began the installation of my
"swing-spring"
upgrade.  So, I guess you are the appointed "guinea pig" on this one.

Regards,
Joe