Re: travel guide

To: MMDBR <MMDBR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: travel guide
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:59:01 -0500 (EST)
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, MMDBR wrote:

> What's this "travel guide"?
>
> Mike Blonder
> Elmhursy, IL  USA

Mike (and any other VTR members), the VTR Member Travel Assistace Program
consists of VTR members (and a few other "friends" of VTR) who offer to
lend whatever assistance they might provide to fellow VTR members who are
traveling. The first listing came out in 1995, giving names, cities,
phone numbers, etc. of folks, listed by state and county. The listings
also include quick notations of level of assistance that might be
provided, whether they might provide towing, storage, accommodations,
possible spare parts, etc.

With the copy of _The Vintage Triumph_ just mailed earlier this month, we
also sent out forms asking members to update this information for an
expanded guide to be printed this coming spring. From "early returns" it
appears that the guide will be at least 3-4 times the size of the first
one, with listings for perhaps HUNDREDS of VTR members willing to help
others. The guide is distributed to all members of VTR.

We've not yet had the chance to update the information about the Travel
Asssistance Program as described at the VTR Web site, but the form that
appears there can also be printed out, filled in and snail-mailed. We're
not quite up to online updates, but perhaps that will come in the future.

--Andy