RE: magnesium wheels

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: magnesium wheels
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:01:18 -0500
I had two sets of the 8 spoke wheels for my TR6 in the mid 80's, and by
the way they pitted, they are a magnesium alloy.  I tried to burn a
piece from a busted one, and it wouldn't keep burning like pure
magnesium.

I don't know what shape your's are in, but if you are going to run them
on a road car, you'll probably have to bead blast them and paint them.
If you want more info, mail me and I'll bore you with my experiences.

Chuck Poulin

 http://websites.i2020.net/~webdeb/   //\
 Cuckoo's Nest                    ((\    (o.__
 webdeb@i2020.net                (\>>>        (9
 cpoulin@i2020.net              (<<<<   \___/.~~;
 65 Galaxies, TR6s             (\>>>>>   /     ~   and critters