Re: car covers

To: "Robert J. Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: car covers
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 17:32:01 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert J. Carley wrote:

> I seem to remember this topic being discussed recently, but unfortunately
> I did not take part in the discussion.
>
> I would like to purchase a car cover for my 73 TR6, and was wondering what
> the consensus is on Evolution 4 car covers.  I was looking at one made by
> Wolf Automotive, Santa Ana, CA, part no. EZ32E
>
> Anyone have any experience with this one?
>
> Thanks, and Merry Christmas from Canada - looks like a white Christmas
> after all with the recent snow.
>
> Robert Carley
> Ontario, Canada

Robert,

I purchased a second from Covercraft Evoulution Four car cover for my
Tr6 in September and have been very pleased.  The cost was $40.00 +
$7.50 for shipping (although shipping to Canada could be more
expensive).  The name brand on the cover was Wolf.  I checked the
invoice, and a part number was not listed, only Wolf size 32 universal
cover, which I would assume is the same or similar to your part #EZ32E.

For a second quality cover, I could not find any flaws on the cover. It
fits the TR6 almost as good as a true custom made cover.  The protection
to the car has been good, only after a few major rainstroms (and the
Wash DC area has received a lot of rain this fall) have I found any
dampness under the cover.  Since I do not have a garage, the only
protection the TR6 gets is from the cover.  I can't find the tol free
number  to Covercraft, by what I have is 1-818-407-6600.  IMHO, the
cover, for under $50.00 is a great deal.

Hope this helps. Merry Christmas.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
Alexandria, VA