Re: Tires

To: Geoffrey Garrod <ggarr@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "A.L. & G.L. Sbaraglia" <sbarant@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 22:23:51 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Geoffrey Garrod wrote:

> I am looking for new tires for my TR-6.  I currently have Red-Lines and
> although they look nice, I am looking for a modern performance oriented
> tire. I am using stock wheels and the performance tires I have seen are
> of a lower profile than what is compatable with the TR-6.
> Any suggestions?

Hello, I'm a 1971 Signal Red Tr6 owner
First thing ... I'm sorry for my english but I speak italian everyday.
I have any suggestion. Now You have four Red-Lines tires ... this means
size 185S70R15. You can mount these sizes:

- 165H80R15 (Michelin XAS, Avon, Dunlop) only this size in Italy is
allowed for a Tr6
- 195H65R15 your wheels size must be >= 5.5" ( right tyres for a Tr6 )
- 205H60R15 your wheels size must be >= 5.5"

but now you have to thing that the range of tyres available is
considerable, so I cannot recommend any particular brand over another.
You have to choise.
I mount 165H80R15 ... very comfortable tyres but very dangerous when you
drive fast.
Please remember ... You have to choise (195H65R15 are the best choise
for a Tr6)

Best Regards

Gianluca Sbaraglia

Please, may you visit these new Italian Triumph Tr6 Sport pages (First
Triumph TR6 in Italy):

 http://space.tin.it/sport/asbarag

 http://www.chicodesign.net/gls

 http://194.243.202.167/triumph

All URL are about the First Italian Triumph TR6 site. They are (always)
under construction.

Please, If you have a URL link my sites in your pages and send me back a
mail if you want a link in my sites.

Please, after your visit, send me back a e-mail. Thank you.