Naming our TR's

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Naming our TR's
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:11:51 -0500
For almost two years I have been trying to come up with an appropriate
name for my '3.

I bought my first TR3 in 1964 when I was a Senior in High School.  Then
3 years later, Uncle Sam said - "hey, you... yeah, you - the one that
doesn't know what you want to do with your life....  Have I got a deal
for you....  Greetings..."  My '3 was waiting for me when I got home.
Dad said that he didn't drive it much, just to make sure the tires
stayed round and the battery charged.  Mom said that every chance he got
he was running to the store in the "little beast".    Funny, but I am
now the same age as my dad was when I was overseas.  My wife has made
the same comment on several occasions.  "Always looking for a good or
not so good excuse to drive the '3 to wherever". (and a few others -
like, you spend more time on that thing than you do with me...).  But
then she surprises me by getting "us" a set of Mini-lites for
Christmas...   I guess I am lucky and get to keep both my wife and my
mistress in the same house (well, the garage and the house  ;^)
Anyway, I can still remember the way mom would laugh when talking about
dad's little excursions.  Although it did not have anything to do with
his real name, she called him "Sammy" - mostly when she was getting
emotional or - at the other end of the spectrum - angry.   (sound
familiar??)

So, I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Musson
family:

Sammy, age 39, weight 2000+lbs, etc.etc; adopted 1/14/96; minor
restoration surgery 96/97; and Christened; December 31, 1997.