Re: Idiot Award

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Idiot Award
From: tr7blues@juno.com (Glenn Haslem)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 21:58:02 -0600
After reading everyone elses story, I figured I would add in my own idiot
award.

        I was removing the transmission from my 73 Duster 340 (prior to
LBC days), and could not get a good angle to undo the last bolt at the
top of the transmission.  I was working on the garage floor with the car
up on jack stands set on top of bricks.  Using about 4 feet of extensions
and a swivel joint I finally wriggled myself into a position to remove
the bolt.  When the bolt came out, the transmission dropped straight out.
 Unfortunately I did not consider where my head was in relationship to
the transmission. Ten years later I still have a crescent shaped scar in
the middle of my forehead from where the tail shaft landed on me.  When I
went to work the next day, no one would believe  that I dropped an
automatic transmission on my head.  And that is how the rumor that my
wife is a mean hit with a frying pan got started.

Glenn
San Antonio Texas
76 TR7