Oil leaks from Weber-fitted cars

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil leaks from Weber-fitted cars
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:35:19 +1100 (EST)
Dear Listers,

I've been interested in reconnecting the crankcase recirculation onn my
Sprint engine (with 2 45DCOEs). I tried connecting it to the carbon
cannister, with a T-adaptor in between, so I coulfd measure the pressure
inside the valve cover: it went up to 10 mmHg (about 0.02 PSI) at 3,500 rpm,
and increased no further at higher revs. Therefore, I think it's safe to
leave it that way (although I've disconnected it until I decide).

Another way would be to fit small ports on all 4 inlet runners, and connect
them to the vacuum port on the carbon cannister. Has anyone tried this?
Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia