Re: TR 6 Engine Valves

To: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: TR 6 Engine Valves
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:34:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kenneth Brown wrote:

> Sorry to repost, but my server died over the weekend and I didn't recieve any
> response.
>
> I hear a here one way to increase the performance on the late
> model  TR 6 heads is to use the larger exhaust valves from the
> early engines.......anyone have experience with this????
>
> TIA
> Ken
if you don't raiose the compression, get some fuel into the engine and
be able to tuen the carbs, all the valve in the world won't help. the
later cars had less compression, more restrictions, etc.  just
increasing the valve size does not make the "bang" any bigger when the
spark plug ignites the fuel.  the fuel needs to be compressed, then the
bang is bigger and the power goes up.  my daughter's '74 tr6 puts out
140 - 145 hp.  approx 9.5 cr, an s2 cam (we have themaster to grind this
cam) and su carbs.  turn key starting, reliable and good performance.
ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive