Re: Fram PH3600 Oil Filter

To: DANMAS@aol.com, 74137.3420@Compuserve.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fram PH3600 Oil Filter
From: EPaul21988 <EPaul21988@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:06:17 EST
In a message dated 98-01-15 18:16:59 EST, DANMAS@aol.com writes:

<<
 At the risk revealing my ignorance, why would a bypass valve be important? If
 I understand correctly (and since there are no electrons involved, there is a
 good chance I don't), the purpose of the bypass valve is to allow oil to
 bypass a clogged filter. That is probably a good idea for the great un-
washed,
 but is there any one on this list that would let a filter go un-changed to
the
 point that it becomes clogged? Or does the bypass serve another function as
 well? >>

At the risk of acting ignorent, the TR,  4 cylinder engine has a bypass built
in as far as I remember.  But then it is not clear which engine we are
speaking about here is it?
Bob PauL
Corrales NM