Re: TR4A Questions

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A Questions
From: WBabbitt <WBabbitt@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:30:50 EST
Brad,

I have a 1966 TR4A solid axle which started out as a restoration project about
10 years ago.   After 8 years of minimal progress, I started to restore a 1960
TR3A.  The TR4A became a donor.  BTW, I'm now selling off the parts that don't
support the TR3A rebuild.

Relative to the seat sliders; I don't know what the Spit ones look like, but
the TR4A is H shaped (the two side rails are connected with a cross piece).
The seat attaches at two points (one inboard, one outboard) at the front of
the slider, allowing the seat to be tipped forward for rear access.

My '66  TR4A has HS6 SUs.

Relative to the spare parts catalogs.   I picked up the Official Stanpart
Truimph TR2 & TR3 Spare Parts Catalog for big bucks and it has been virtually
UNUSED.  Maybe the official spare parts catalog for the TR4 is better, but I
got much more out of a free Moss TRUIMPH TR2-TR4A Restoration Parts
Accessories & Price List.

Bill Babbitt
TR3A in a Bag (but hopefully not for ever)
Gales Ferry, Ct.